Rick McCharles at BestHike put together a list of the 10 best hikes in the world, per his opinion. I think he has good hikes on the list. However, I would definitely put Macchu Picchu (Peru) and Patagonia (Chile) up there. But hey, no one said the list was objective.
- West Coast Trail, BC, Canada
- John Muir Trail, California, USA
- Tongariro Northern Circuit, New Zealand
- Ausangate Circuit, Peru
- Sunshine to Assiniboine, Alberta, Canada
- Glacier North Circle, Montana, USA
- Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Annapurna Circuit, Nepal
- TMB (Tour de Mont Blanc), Europe
- Overland Track, Tasmania
Oh yeah, the list is a little old. But hikes are hikes.